I really miss old school Myspace. So I'm going to do one of those "25 things about me" posts. Remember those?? Oh, the good ol' days. Except I'm only going to do 15. Ha!
15 amazingly awesome things about me and my life:
1. I love coffee dates. It doesn't matter if they're dates with my fiancé, my friends, or just at the table with Olivia in the morning. Coffee just seems to bring people together. Or is that just me?
2. I wear dull, boring clothing. I'm working on adding more color to my wardrobe lately. It's seriously 3/4 full of black, white, and gray.
3. I admire people that collect things. I don't collect anything. Seriously. Zip. Unless scarves count?
4. I can't think of anything more fulfilling for my life than having lots of babies and grandbabies. What's life without those you love to share it with?
5. I'm not a vegetarian because I'm an animal rights activist. I just hate knowing how many chemicals are in the meat. I know I could just buy organic/free range/grass fed, but there aren't many options down here, so it's easier to just go without. Oh, and I make an occasional exception for sushi.
6. I'm very picking about the way I dress Olivia, if that hasn't been obvious already. I dread her birthday and Christmas a little because I know people are going to buy her clothing I don't approve of. The way I see it, children are humans, not dolls. Save Elmo and Hello Kitty for the toy box.
7. I love pets. They really and truly are part of the family.
8. Luis and I are really laid back about pretty much everything. And from what I can tell, we're happier than most of the couples we know because of it. We just choose not to stress about much.
9. I love going out to eat. It's not that I hate cooking, because I don't. It's just so much fun to get dressed up and go to a restaurant. Plus, you're forced to actually sit together and talk longer because it takes time to get your food out to you.
10. I try to drink a cup of green tea every day.
11. I don't give up on my friends. Ever. If you were ever a friend of mine, I still consider you one and would love to hang out with you. Holla atcha gurl. Jk.
12. I'm a huge quality time person. That's how I show people I care, by spending my time with them. So I take it very personally when people cancel plans or just don't put an effort into seeing me. I think it took a lot of adjusting for Luis because he is sooo not like that.
13. I picture myself about 20 pounds heavier than I actually am. I always end up buying clothes in a size larger than what I need and have to take it back and exchange it for the next size down. I'd probably save myself a lot of hassle if I just tried clothes on in the store. Whoops.
14. I wish I lived in a town where it was normal to walk and ride bikes to get to your destination. Here, people just think you're too poor to afford a car. Haha!
15. I really cannot believe I'm 23. When did this happen?? I'm a real adult, with a real child, planning a wedding, and have a house to maintain. I still feel like I'm 17.
Monday, December 26, 2011
This morning, I met up with Brittany, Brooke, and Kaysie for coffee and brunch. Finally, after years of bickering over stupid stuff, we've all grown up enough to be friends again. I guess time does heal all wounds. I couldn't be happier. :)
Sunday, December 25, 2011
We spent our Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family- eating, talking, and opening presents.
|Me with my Mammaw and my sister, Jamie.|
|Livi and my mom.|
|The guys ate in the living room so they could watch the game.|
|My baby is growing up so fast!|
|Love of my life!|
|Jamie and Gunner.|
|Olivia and Pawpaw Jim.|
|Ready for Santa :)|
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Olivia and I spent the day at Luis's mom's baking with my sister in-laws. We made all sorts of goodies, but I was mostly in charge of the zucchini bread. This was my first time making it, and I'm sure there are healthier options, but this was so good!
|I didn't get an after photo : /|
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups grated raw zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Combine dry ingredients.
Beat eggs until light and frothy. Stir in sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients.
Pour into two greased loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for one hour.
Monday, December 19, 2011
5 things that made me happy today:
- Adding cinnamon to my morning coffee.
- Watching yesterday's episode of Kourtney and Kim take New York. I admit it, I like lame television.
- My new kitties make my heart sooo happy. Only cat people can understand how lonely I've been the past two and a half years without a cat at home.
- Olivia's ever increasing vocabulary.
- Making plans with friends.
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Another busy, fun day! We started it off with Mexican food at a local restaurant. Our family eats Mexican food at least once for breakfast every weekend.
After breakfast, Olivia and I headed to Maria's classroom to help with their Christmas party. Olivia basically just looked cute and showed off to all the little girls while I made 100+ grilled cheese.
|Maria's classroom pets. Groooosss.|
Then we decided to pick up some Chick fil a and meet Ashlyn and the boys at the park. It ended up being much colder out there than we anticipated, so we didn't stay long, but Olivia and Isaiah enjoyed what time they did have.
We ended our day like every Friday should end. With pizza. I was really craving California Pizza Kitchen, but since we didn't feel like making an hour drive, and we were too lazy to leave the house anyway, we settled for Domino's. Mine was spinach and cheddar and it was delicious!
And I can't leave out the best part of our day. We added two new family members to our household. Our plan has been to get Olivia a kitten from Santa so we took a visit to the SPCA today. Well, turns out they were having a "buy one get one free" deal on kittens. Seriously. I had no idea the SPCA had sales. Olivia got her Christmas present early and it looks like Santa is going to have to find a new gift.
Luis and I knew we wanted Jack right away. And Olivia has claimed Oz at hers. Jack is so playful and loves to cuddle already, while Oz is more of the scaredy cat. But we're loving them both so much. As I'm typing, Jack in asleep on one couch with Luis and Oz is curled up with me on the other.
Yay for weekends!
Thursday, December 15, 2011
We had a fun filled day today! Aaron spent the day with us and then Ashlyn brought Isaiah and baby Zaiden to play as well.
|The kids just love getting together. It reminds me of how close I was to my cousins growing up. :)|
|Zaiden is growing so quickly!|
|They were laughing SO hard.|
After Zaiden and Isaiah left, and Olivia and Aaron crashed out for a bit, we got ready for Aaron's Christmas concert and dinner at his Preschool. (Olivia will most likely be joining in January!)
It was such a full day and so much fun. I really dislike when people are always just posting about how "perfect" their lives are, but today was one of those days for me. I love my family. I love being a family.