Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adult?

So I'm not quite sure when this happened, this whole adult thing. All of a sudden I find myself with a boyfriend of five years, a one year old little girl, a home, a career... It totally just baffles me. In my head and in my heart, I feel like I'm still 17.

How many 22 year olds can say they have what I have? How many have accomplished this much is such a short amount of time and are still somewhat sane?

The [almost] four years since high school have been a blur.

Paul Mitchell: To say it changed my life would be putting it mildly. I learned more than just about hair in my 11 months there. I learned that I can do what I love, make money, and have the family life I've always wanted without being $50,000 in debt and having some fancy degree. And the fact that I gained life long friends is a major plus. :)

Olivia: From the time I found out I was pregnant, I knew my whole world would be rocked by this amazing little creature. And is has. Being a mom, being responsible for another person's life is, by far, the most my rewarding accomplishment. She continues to make me question myself and learn new things and, without even knowing it, pushes me to be a better person. She's the love and light of my life.

Luis: Despite the ups and downs, no one has ever gotten me the way he does. And I feel like he'd say the same thing about me. He takes care of me, makes me laugh, pushes me to better myself, and calls me out when needed. I'm so lucky to be sharing my daughter and my life with him. Even after almost five years together, I still get excited when I see his car pull into the driveway in the evenings. We may not be the "perfect" couple, but perfect doesn't exist, and I'm completely happy with what I have.

I may not know how I got here, but I'm so glad I did.