Thursday, January 13, 2011

Saturday.

Luis is going hunting this weekend. This will be our first weekend away from each other since I was pregnant. And for some reason, this is really bugging me.

Of course, there are those thoughts about not feeling safe at home at night all by myself and blah blah blah, but really, honestly, I just don't want him to go. Everyone who knows me, knows that I'm a HUGE quality time person. That's how I show people I care for them, and that's how I know someone cares about me. Well, in my profession, we don't get many Saturdays off. And I actually happen to not have to work this Saturday. And guess who's going out of town? Blah.

I hate that we only get one day a week as a family. Sometimes I wish we could be those normal families that make breakfast together on Saturday mornings and watch cool cartoons together. This Saturday we could have actually done that. We could have pretended to be normal.

But maybe normal families DO spend weekends apart every once in a while? Maybe I'm being too hard on Luis and on myself? Maybe I should just be thankful that we both have well paying jobs and that we are always able to spend our Sundays together? Maybe.

No comments: