Monday, April 11, 2011

Southern Women.

So I read an article the other day online that I loved. And I'm so mad that I can't find it now that I'm writing about it. It was basically about how a true southern woman is becoming a lost art. There's nothing feminine about todays woman in the South. They don't know how to dress, cook, clean, sew, garden and all the things the older generations took such pride in. Honestly, it makes me a little sad. I love the stereotypes we're known for. Like our southern hospitality and referring to everyone as "ma'am" and "sir." I'm gonna keep searching for the website and I'll post it if I find it :)

2 comments:

Arre=) said...

I had the same thought not too long ago. I was talking to a friend and looking at her pics on fb and I cant believe she thought she had the right to complain that she wasnt treated as a lady when she obviously hadnt been acting like a lady. I would take the hoop skirts and adorable bonnets for the trashy behavior some women have any day.

Brittnee said...

Ahh! I so agree! Maybe I'll take it upon myself to become a true southern lady! Haha.