Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day weekend :)

Before I had Olivia, I never really put a whole lot of thought into Mother's Day. Sure, I usually bought my mom a small gift and card. But becoming a mother myself completely changed everything. We do so much! And yes, that's part of our responsibilty and we have to do it, but we also LOVE to do. And we rarely, if ever, ask for anything in return. It's so nice that someone took aside a day to recognize that. And I also don't think we truly ever appreciate our own mothers until we have children of our own, making Mother's Day even more special.

Saturday night, Luis, Olivia, and I met my mom's whole side of the family (aside from my two cousins) at Red Lobster for dinner. I honestly don't remember the last time we all got together like that. It usually doesn't even happen for Christmas! It was nice and I really enjoyed the time spent with them. I had pictures done of my sister, Olivia, and me for my mom last month. We were able to keep it a secret and she was completely surprised!


This is my sister, Olivia, my mom, myself, and my mammaw outside of Red Lobster.
My sister, Olivia, my mom, myself, and my stepdad.
Me with Olivia and Luis. (Luis really isn't as dark as he looks in the picture! ha.)


Sunday morning we went to church. After service, all of the children were given a rose to go take to their mom's. Well, Olivia brought me mine, then turned around, ran back to the front, got ANOTHER rose and brought it back to me as well. Ha! Even at 18 months old, she still knows how to make me feel like a special mom :)



Olivia and me after church, with one of my two roses :)

My Mother's Day gift from Luis- a purse that I've been eyeing.


And I just had to add this hilarious picture of Abby that I caught yesterday while she was sleeping :)






No comments: