Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer goals.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Without a working camera, I sometimes feel like it's pointless to post with just iPhone pictures. And I normally forget to take them with my phone, anway.

I have a few goals for this summer, some that I've already started and made progess on, and some that still need my attention!

1) I want to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Olivia loves to play outside, so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus, I want to keep this tan going that I started over the weekend!

2) I need to lose a few pounds! My jeans are getting a little tight lately with all these summer parties and vacations. And I refuse to spend unnecessary money on new jeans because I'm being lazy! I've always cared about health, time to start putting it back into practice.

3) Doing all the fun things with Olivia that I remember doing and loving as a kid. I want to spend a lot of time at the beach, at my grandma's pool, and parks. I would loooove to take her to Sea World, Moody Gardens, and the Children's Museum. We probably won't make all of those, but I'd like to try :)




This past weekend, which just happened to be Memorial Day Weekend, we went with Luis's family to Canyon Lake. This was my first trip/weekend away from Olivia and it was so hard to drop her off! I totally cried when it hit me that I wouldn't be putting her to bed for two nights in a row.

We definitely had a good time, though. When we got there, we all changed into our suits and headed for the lake. Afterwards, we were all starving and decided to go to Lucky's, a little restaurant we loved on our last adult trip 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Olivia. The food wasn't as good as any of us remembered, but it was still a good time.

Sunday, we pretty much devoted the entire day to floating the river. I got some much needed sun! I'm pretty much one of the pastiest people I know, so now I'm actually starting to look like a normal person, ha!

Monday morning we packed our stuff, checked out of the cabins, grabbed some Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and did a little outlet shopping. I can see how people can make a full day of that! But Luis and I were ready to get home to Olivia, so we just got her a few things from Gap Kids, Luis some shoes from Nike, and me a few things from American Eagle.

It was hard to go back to our regular day-to-day schedule today. And I still haven't totally unpacked. It was nice to get away for a little bit. And we'll be doing it all over again, only WITH kids, in a few weeks!

No comments: