Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Health, daycare, and John Mayer.

Sometimes I try to be someone I'm not. I mean, I'm sure we're all guilty of it, and I'm sure it has some good outcomes if you're able to try something new and end up loving it. But I feel like I get way caught up in an image I'm trying to create sometimes and I hate it! There's absolutely nothing wrong with being me! It's even worse when there is someone telling you or making you feel as if you have to act/be a certain way. Which seems to happen to me a lot as well.

I like to eat healthy. Actually, I LOVE to eat healthy. I love the way it makes my body feel and look. Sure, sometimes I go a little extreme, but who cares? It makes me happy. I shouldn't feel like I have to eat crap because everyone else is or because it's the "Southern" thing to do. I also hate to work out. Absolutely hate it. I know exercise is important, and I'm all for exercise disguised as fun (swimming, a walk with Luis and Olivia, etc.) but I really don't like people telling me I need to work out in order to look like someone whose body I probably don't even like. I'm not a fan of muscle. Also, don't look at me in disgust when I pick up a cupcake. Especially since you don't know how good I eat at home.

Another thing I can't stand- when people try to tell me how to mother. Seriously, I got this. And if I don't I call Olivia's pediatrician or someone I trust will lead me in the right direction. It honestly blows my mind the way people react when I order Olivia healthy food in a restaurant or they find out she eats avocados for lunch. Just because I'm not feeding her a kids meal every day does not mean I'm depriving her. Believe me, she gets her fair share of cookies from other family members.

Ok, I think this turned out to be more of a rant than I intended, haha. I kind of lost sight of where I was going with this. Bottom line:

It's ok if I want to listen to John  Mayer all day every day.
It's ok if I don't feel like wearing shoes sometimes.
It's ok if I want to eat healthy.
It's ok if I want to be a hairstylist instead of a stay at home mom at this point in my life.
It's ok if I like to spend my spare time reading (something that some people seem to not like about me.)
It's ok if I like wine instead of beer.

And it's ok for you to be who you are. So can't we all just get along? ;)

2 comments:

Brittany Holden said...

There is nothing wrong with liking wine over beer! ;)

Hon, momma knows best. You are the person that knows Olivia better than anyone--what she likes, dislikes, craves, and says before bedtime. You made that little girl, and you are more than capable of taking care of her how you please. No matter how much we messed with you in high school, you have a good head on your shoulders and your common sense (and mother's instinct) knows what to do when you get in a bind. So don't worry, be happy! :)

life & times of me said...

Good for you. No one has any right to tell you what to do. It will be good for her to go to day care and good for you to follow your dream, it will only cause resentment.