Thursday, July 21, 2011

Facebook.

I deactivated my facebook the other night. It's something I've been thinking about doing for a while, but kept making excuses for. "But I need it to bring in more clients." "I want to show off pictures of Olivia." "I'm too nosy." The last one is definitely true. Which is while I'll probably end up getting back on every once in a while. But for now, I'm enjoying the peace. I got tired of grown adults in their 20's (even 30's!) acting like children and starting arguments on there.

It's also made everything else I do feel so much more important. Like, maybe it is more beneficial to read the next chapter in my book instead of waste 30 minutes re-reading statuses I saw earlier in the day. It makes much more sense to come home from work and start a load of laundry instead of sitting on the couch, on my phone.

Luis and I were discussing it last night, our generation has spent the past 7 or 8 years posting everything we do and think online! It's definitely an adjustment not to. I feel like I think in statuses, haha! But I love that no one else knows what I'm doing at every moment. The people that want to know what's going on in my life actually have to initiate a conversation with me elsewhere! Gasp!

I'm thinking about getting back on every once in a while to upload pictures, because that's where they're most organized. Unless I can figure out some of the other sites that do that. And I also have a twitter, but I've always used that sparingly. The blog is here to stay, that way I can look back on moments of Olivia's life that I might otherwise not remember.

So for those few of you that read this, if you'd like to get a hold of me another way, my email address is brittneethomas@gmail.com.

P.S. Luis and I will be welcoming a new nephew today! Can't wait to meet Zaiden!

2 comments:

Brittany Holden said...

This made me think of middle school when we'd email surveys back and forth to each other. :) I'll keep in touch.

Brittnee said...

Hahahaha, I forgot about that! So funny. Yes, please do! I want your opinion on some books!