Monday, October 17, 2011

Fair time!

The county fair is something everyone around here looks forward to. People go shopping for new outfits and start saving their allowances and paychecks for weeks in advance.

This was Olivia's second time to the fair, but her first to actually be able to enjoy it.

We met Daniel and Ashlyn there along with their two boys, Isaiah and Zaiden. Olivia loved having a little playmate there with her and it was nice to be able to ride with another adult without having to leave the stroller behind unwatched. 


I think Olivia had a love/hate relationship with the farris wheel! She didn't have any desire to sit with Mama and that hurt my feelings, ha. 




These bubble things were so much fun!! Luis talked me into trying it first; unfortunately we didn't get any stills from that, but we did get video. It's so much harder than it looks! It was such a great workout though, if only our Texas weather wasn't so hot!


Isaiah and Olivia loved watching their daddys in the bubbles.


I'm not really that into football, but when Luis told me we were cheering for the Eagles this year, I was all for it. I've always wanted to get into the football thing, but I need someone to get me pumped first. We just happened to run across these shirts while shopping in Old Navy. And the Eagles won yesterday while we were wearing them :)


Cutest thing ever: Zaiden not giving a crap about the fair and sleeping the day away.... eyes covered and all. 

On another note- for those of you who know me, I've packed on some pounds in the last couple of  months. So not cute. I miss healthy Brittnee. Last week I decided to go back to vegetarianism and today was day 7. It's been great so far. I know me and my body still have some adjusting to do, but I'm feeling wonderful. One of the reasons I stopped was because I was worried about how I would do with a child that eats meat and me not eating it at all. Well, I guess I didn't have anything to worry about. Olivia is a little vegetarian. I know she's young and it might not be permanent, but at this point in her life, Olivia will not eat meat. For a little while she'd eat McDonald's chicken nuggets (talk about healthy...) but now she won't even eat those. I've been serving her meat for the past year and she never eats it! So it looks like we're doing this together. Don't worry, I make sure she and I both get plenty of protein. I can't wait to get the energy back that comes with being a vegetarian and not to mention shed a few pounds! :)


No comments: