Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Olivia's 2nd Birthday!

I can't believe I'm just getting around to posting about this! On Saturday, my little stinker, the light of my life, my best friend and soul mate, turned 2 years old. She was so excited about her "happy day" party and kept asking me if family members would be there.

Her cake was made by a lady that makes all the Leija's cakes and we weren't disappointed. We also got cake balls that were seriously the best thing ever made. The red velvet ones almost made me want to turn my back on all my healthy ways.


Cherish and Camden came early and helped me set up some decorations. I have no idea what I would have done without them. They're the best! And Olivia thinks so too.


All the kids at the party, minus Matt and the babies. All of Olivia's favorite people in the world. And I got them all smiling!


Two of Olivia's favorite people ever- Tia Mia and Aaron.




She did so good hitting her pinata! Of course, she wasn't nearly strong enough to break it, but she gave it quite a good try. Plus, she shared willingly with all the other kids, so I was proud.



An exhausted birthday girl after a day full of fun!

We had her two year check up on Monday. She currently weighs 26 pounds and is 35 inches tall. She's in the 40th percentile for weight, which is up from 25% at her last check up, and 80th percentile for height, which is up from 75%. Basically, I have a tall and skinny little girl.

I LOVE her pediatrician. We discussed our vegetarianism, not because I doubt that it's safe, but just because other people like to question whether Olivia is getting all the nutrients she needs. Dr. B said Olivia is perfectly healthy and that children can be vegetarians, too. Even though I already knew that, it was nice having a doctor confirm it!

So, here I am, the mother of a healthy, fun, vegetarian, beautiful, and smart little two year old girl. I never thought this is where I'd be at just 23 years old, but I would never have it any other way.

No comments: