Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's

This was probably my most favorite Valentine's yet. Not because it was super extravagant, but because Luis and I actually got to spend some one on one time together, just enjoying the company. As romantic as restaurants can be, you still don't get complete privacy.

Cherish watched Olivia for us, so she and Cam had their own little date.

We decided to make spaghetti and meatballs.



We set the table complete with candles, wine, and flowers.


We had chocolate covered strawberries (from Olivia's school fundraiser) and cake pops (that I made on Monday) for dessert.



After dinner we hung out on the back patio until Cherish brought Livi home. 

I feel like Luis and I have really grown as a couple the past few months or so. I'm not sure if it's just because we're getting older, or because we're planning the wedding, or what, but I'm so happy to be where we are. This was our 6th Valentine's to spend together and I'm thankful it was so special to us.


P.S. I've started eating meat again because for the last couple months my food allergies have been kind of bizarre. It was getting harder and harder to make meals I could eat and enjoy, so I made the decision to start eating meat again. I do try to buy as much organic meat as possible.


No comments: