Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day weekend.

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Relaxing for us, anyway. I got my gifts early- a new cell phone case and a book. I was also supposed to get a tattoo (I want an olive tree on my arm for Olivia) but Olivia came home from school Friday afternoon running a fever. So we put a Stoffer's lasagna in the oven and watched TV/read all evening. Saturday was mostly spent at home and then the three of us went to dinner and then attended a small birthday get together for Luis's nephew. On Mother's day, we slept in and then headed to IHOP for brunch. After brunch we headed to my mom's and spent a few hours with them. On our way back home we went to a craft show and bought a few goodies and then ended the evening eating Church's Chicken on the back porch at Luis's mom's.

I can't even begin to express how much I love being a mom- Olivia's mom. I know it's cliche, but she is the best, most rewarding thing that has ever happened to me. Being a mom is hard work, but she is so completely worth it.






No comments: