Friday, August 16, 2013

Britt Can't Quit:

Britt Can't Quit: Shopping for girl clothes.

Most people know I have a very particular way of dressing the girls.
And while I sometimes buy some crazy things on impulse,
there are a few things that are off limits.
No cartoon characters except for special occasions. 
(I bought Olivia a Belle shirt for her Beauty and the Beast party.)
No tutus or pink sparkles.
No corny graphic tees.
Basically, I put them in clothes that I would like to wear.
I'm not ashamed to say that I return some gifts
and even donate others.
Sometimes I only let Olivia use items for dress up.

I'm not evil, I swear.
As Olivia gets older, I'm learning that I have to compromise 
with her a little bit.
Her style is not necessarily my style.
She prefers dresses, so I've taken that into consideration
when shopping for her new school clothes.
I also let her look with me online and she picks out things
that she loves.
Just for fun, I've picked a few of my favorite outfits 
of Olivia's from the past.
And even threw in a couple favorites of Lola as well.















My absolute favorite outfit in the world for Olivia
is skinny jeans, moccasins, and a messy bun.
Shopping for girls is so much more fun when you don't buy 
all the same things everyone else is buying.
People think I'm crazy when I say it's harder to shop for a girl than a boy,
but it's so true!
At least for me.
Everyone seems to be on the same page with boys, for the most part.
They want them all to look like little men.
But it also seems like everyone wants little girls to look like baby dolls.

If you're ever in the market for some super cute girl clothes,
check out Zara.
It's by far my favorite place to shop for the girls.