Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day!



Olivia chose her first day outfit and I have to say,
she did a pretty dang good job!
Her new flats weren't in yet,
so we improvised with moccasins. 
(Of course the flats were waiting on the porch
when we got home.)

She was so so excited for school!
She's been asking for the last month or so
when she could go again.
I walked her to class and said hi to her teacher.
I managed to get a kiss in before she ran off and 
completely forgot about me.
I would definitely rather that than screaming and
crying for me, though!

I missed her so much while she was gone.
Lola and I didn't know what to do with ourselves.
When I picked her up she ran straight to me
and told me that she had so much fun.
She was really excited to have one of the girls from
her class last year in her class again.
And her friend Chloe is in there, also. 
Win-win.

The absolute best part of school starting?
We were all in bed by 10:30 last night.
That hasn't happened in months!

*Side notes:
1) How on earth did I make such a 
beautiful little girl??
Look at that tan! 
I'm dying over here.
2) And even though I'm a stickler
about cartoon characters,
I always let Olivia pick out her own backpack.
She was thrilled with this Sophia the 1st one.