Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hard

The thing I love most about blogging
is that it forces me to focus on the positive parts of my life.
And life really is amazing and there
is always beauty to see and experience.
But life can also be really really shitty.

My Pappy passed away last night.
I can't even begin to put into words how I feel.
This was so sudden.

Pappy did so much for me.
There's no way I could have possibly repaid him.
I lived with him and my Mammaw from the time I was 15
until I moved in with Luis at 21. 

He used to always play the lotto
and I remember he would always give me half every time
he won and would tell me not to tell my grandma. 

I have a voicemail from him on my phone that I
keep listening to.
Over and over.

I know I'm fortunate.
This is the first close family member I've ever lost.
But it's so so hard. 



1 comment:

Ashlyn Morton said...

so sad :( almost made me cry!