Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pappy

Pappy's funeral was yesterday.
It was a nice, simple, military style service.
Exactly what he would have wanted.

It still doesn't feel real.
I can just picture him telling me the story of all of this.
How scared he was at the hospital,
how he's so glad to feel better now.
I keep waiting to dream of him.
I can't wait to see him again.

I know everyone probably thinks they have
the best grandpa ever,
but Pappy truly was.
I'm so so lucky to have had him as mine.











I'm more aware than ever how precious our time is.
I want to be more involved with my family,
Luis's family, and most importantly- my children.
Yesterday Luis and I were talking about how
one day we'll be the grandparents
and it'll be our legacy that our children
and grandchildren will talk about.

It was such an emotionally exhausting day.
All I wanted was to spend time with my little family.
We made cookies,
I read for a bit,
and we were all in bed by 9:30.

I never want to take those little moments for granted.

















1 comment:

Brittany Holden said...

Pappy was like a grandpa to me. I agree, he was the best. <3