Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving

So behind, as always.

This Thanksgiving was a little sentimental to me since it'll be our last as a family of 4. Our contribution to the Leija family dinner this year was sweet potatoes, cornbread, and apple cobbler. Olivia spent the night before with Maria, so Lola was my little helper this time. Olivia told me, "Mom, I'm sorry I didn't help you cook, but I helped Mia instead!" Haha! We started cooking Wednesday night, but actually finished Thursday morning.

The girls were able to watch a bit of the Macy's parade while we got ready and some of the dog show. I always watched both growing up, so I was so glad that they got to as well.

We went to my grandma's house first for lunch. She hadn't felt up to cooking the last few years, but must have felt the urge this year, ha. And of course she wouldn't let anyone help her.

^^ My beautiful girls in the dresses they picked. ^^




After letting our lunch settle for a bit, I dropped Luis off at Marco's house so he could see the start of the Eagles game and ran home to pick up our food. It worked out perfectly this way because both girls were able to nap in the car, something they both desperately needed!








The kids obviously have fun whenever they're with their cousins. I hope that's what they always remember when they look back on holidays- time spent with family. 

I'm so incredibly thankful for my husband. He goes above and beyond to make me happy and to give me the life that we have. I really am not sure how I got so lucky. And my amazing children, I could go on and on about them. I can't even believe that next year we'll have a third for the holiday season!









No comments: