Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day


We stayed up a little too late Saturday night binge watching Orange is the New Black, so Sunday morning was slow to start and filled with toast and coffee. We packed up and went out to the beach with friends. It was definitely the highlight of the day. Luis grilled delicious burgers for us, the waves were big, and the water was nice. We came home, took showers, and I made Luis his requested brownies. For dinner we picked up our favorite local tacos which we ate next door. 

I've been thinking a lot about our quality of life lately. We don't have much, at least by most standards. We don't have a big fancy house or wear designer clothes. But we're happy. Very very happy. We do our best to give our kids good experiences. We try to emphasize memories over material things. We live a good life. And I'm so thankful for a husband that sees life the way I do. He's the best father the kids could have. I was lucky to have a dad that adored me. We did everything together when I was young. I have so many memories of playing catch in a field next to his apartment, beach trips, eating watermelon sprinkled with salt, and bike rides. My kids will have those kind of memories too and that means so much more to me than toys or huge birthday parties or whatever else we could waste money on. It's all about the memories. 

No comments: